Revolution Brewery has an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced maintenance mechanic. This position will be located out of our production brewery in Chicago, IL.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Diagnose, repair, operate and provide general maintenance on equipment. Assist in packaging operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
Job Title: Maintenance Technician, Level 1
Term of Position: Full Time
Hours: Open to any shift and weekends
Job Objective: Maintain, troubleshoot and repair packaging line, brewery plant equipment and facility through preventive and corrective maintenance.
• Work on packaging line breakdowns as they happen
• Repair brewery equipment upon request
• Continuously work on maintenance work order request log and assigned PM’s
• Improve plant and production efficiency by recommending and participating in improvements
• Document work accomplishment and resources needed for future work as required
• Communicate professionally and effectively with staff as needed throughout the day
• Assist work force in any area as needed and authorized by management
Knowledge and Skill:
• Skilled, multi-craft technician with packaging / bottling line experience, City of Chicago, Stationary Engineers license desired. Good verbal and written communication skills are needed. Mechanical, electrical and math aptitude is required.
• Position requires good time management and communication skills. Must be able to multi-task and stay focused on objectives for the day. Good troubleshooting and exceptional work ethic required.
Decision Making/ Responsibilities:
• Quality, safety and efficiency concerns need quick judgment.
• Directly reports to the Maintenance Manager. Other managers can request assistance when emergencies arise.
Relationships and Work Environment:
• The work environment is a self-managed position with daily direction and communication with the maintenance manager. Other interaction with packaging supervisor, cellar supervisor, Director of Operations, and other brewery personnel may be needed when working in their area.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• High school/GED preferred, technical or college level education encouraged as well.
• Two years of experience operating and maintaining modern industrial machinery.
• Areas of expertise should include some or all of the following: electrical, pneumatic, mechanical and computer skills.
• Literate in reading, writing, and basic math.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
• Able to lift 50-60 lbs.
• Able to climb ladders up to 20 feet
• Able to work in an environment with high noise levels
• Able to work with hazardous chemicals
• Able to frequently duck under conveyors/equipment
• Able to climb stairs
• Able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.