Revolution Brewing is seeking a new position for a Senior Marketing Manager to serve as creative leader for our current marketing team and to help spread the revolution across our distribution area. This person will need to be a skilled communicator, a passionate beer lover, and creative force to work with a team to push forward a strategic marketing agenda in the dynamic craft beer landscape. This position will report to the Director of Sales and work closely with all departments to create and execute strong marketing programs for communications, brand management, public relations, media communications, event marketing, merchandise, advertising, and more.
• Leads and supervises Marketing team members: Brand Development, Communications, Events, POS, and others.
• Develops and executes annual marketing plan and budget. Accountable for quarterly budget review.
• Evaluating and reporting on marketing campaign effectiveness and Return on Investment (ROI).
• Responsible for managing event process from event intake to execution.
• Direct marketing programs: events, communications, merchandise, and POS procurement.
• Works with Managing Partner, Production, CFO, Brand Development, and Sales to develop new beer products, packaging, pricing, distribution and promotion.
• Assist Brand Development in determining products, timing and pricing for POS and merchandise.
• Assesses and creates strategic business and community partnerships, corporate sponsorships.
• Supervise local marketing programs for our Chicago brewpub.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field. Master’s or MBA preferred.
• At least five years of progressively responsible, relevant marketing leadership.
• Prior experience as Marketing Manager or Director.
• Brewery experience preferred, but will consider food/beverage/consumer goods marketing experience.
• Team management experience required.
• Excellent marketing operations/project management experience.
• Exceptional knowledge of marketing strategies, concepts and practices.
• Exceptional ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects within deadlines.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Solid organizational skills.
• Strong analytical, technical, and process improvement skills.
• Exceptional communication skills including, but not limited to, written, spoken, presentation, inter-personal and rapport-building.
• Understanding of effective design.
• Exceptional computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative suite, and website management.
• Brand building experience.
• Working knowledge of the craft brewing industry.
• Working knowledge of beer styles, including origins and flavor profiles.
• Understanding of the three-tier system and alcohol control laws.
• Ability to work events on evenings and weekends is required.
• Ability to travel overnight is required. (10% estimated average)